Latest Update – 14/05/2020 – This week our state government released the following document in regards to easing restrictions. – https://www.qld.gov.au/
The denomination, staff and elders are in the process of planning how we can adopt this framework. For at least stage 1, church activities will generally remain as they have been. Homegroups will continue to meet on online platforms. Thank you for your patience and prayers for wisdom as we work through this next stage.
The Livestream will only start at 9am and not before and will be available until 7pm. In order to view the service, please wait until that time to click on the link. Thank you
After a Neighbourhood Card? If you’d like do participate as a couple or a family click here to download a printable version. If you’re participating as a single person, click here for your printable version.
What’s On?/What’s not? – As the COVID19 situation evolves, so too will our decisions to hold events and meetings. This table will be updated with any decisions made.
Last Updated 30/04/2020
ALL Sunday Services
ONLINE ONLY - click the link above to live stream services at 9am & 5:30pm on a Sunday.
Contact the office for details
24th of May - 2:30pm
Building Up Leaders Training
June 13 - 10am
On site in the Auditorium. Social distancing and good hygiene measures will be in place.
Contact the office for details
Home Groups & Church Meetings
Leaders should be in contact to arrange homegroup and other meetings.
The following ministries are suspended until further notice:
Craft Group, Staying Sharp
This event has been cancelled.
Needing support? – During this time of uncertainty our needs will vary but we worship a God who is Father and “knows what you need before you ask him.” (Matt 6:8). Your pastoral staff is here to love and support you so please don’t hesitate to contact the church office if we can help you or if you just need to talk through things with someone- 34131050.
Here are some other useful links that could help.
- Health Advice
- Assistance with food – contact Ipswich Assist via email email@example.com (Confidentiality will be maintained)
- Needing prayer – send through any prayer points to firstname.lastname@example.org OR join our online prayer group by contacting Val – email@example.com for details.
Gospel encouragement – In these changing times we want to support you in keeping the gospel the main thing. Here are some useful resources to encourage you in your faith. We have added the most recent ones at the top of each list:
- “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought to love one another.” (1 John 4:7-11)
- Resource for your mental health – https://www.
- Christian Counselling and Education Foundation has released a Coronavirus link that includes an opportunity to ask questions. It also provides resources on parenting, anxiety, illness and loneliness – super helpful material for us as suffering and struggling people.
- Crossway is offering free downloads of Nancy Guthrie’s teaching series on Jesus in the Old Testament until May 31st. https://www.crossway.
org/books/?availability= Available%20Now&category=All& series=Seeing%20Jesus%20in% 20the%20Old%20Testament
The Gospel Coalition Australia has some fantastic Bible study resources. Perhaps you would like some extra resources for 1 Corinthians (our Term 2 series) with one of these studies or maybe pick an Old Testament book to work through https://www.
- Songs of Comfort for Anxious Souls – https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/songs-comfort-anxious-souls/
- How to talk to your kids about the coronavirus – https://au.thegospelcoalition.org/article/7-tips-when-talking-to-kids-about-coronavirus/
How can I help? – COVID19 presents us with new opportunities to be salt and light in our communities.
Please consider the following:
- Check in on your neighbours and anyone you know who could be vulnerable, fearful or socially isolated. Keep touching base with your homegroup members.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer some time, especially to support our church’s most vulnerable members and also to be part of our community response through IA. With IA offering an additional crisis relief day on Thursdays, please let Jason or Nat know if you in a position to assist with driving (to pick up and deliver supplies.)
- Church Giving – Please continue to give to the work of the church – https://www.centralchurch.net.au/serve/giving/
- IA Donations – Non-perishable food items and tax-deductible donations continue to be warmly received. Please contact IA via email email@example.com