Latest Update – 26 March – We continue to reassess our ministries in accordance with Federal and State Government updates. To ensure that we keep to the social distancing restrictions, face to face ministries and meetings cannot continue. But just because we are isolated, does not mean we have to be disconnected. Prayer remains essential. We’d love to continue to encourage prayer so please, at the times you would normally gather to pray for regular prayer meetings. Please continue to do so but in your home. Our services will continue to be livestreamed and homegroups are encouraged to use social media options to keep meeting.
The Livestream will only start at 9am and not before. The replay will only start at 5.30pm and not before. In order to view the service, please wait until that time to click on the link. Thank you
(24/03/2020): In light of recent government updates, all face to face prayer meetings have been called off. We’d love to continue to encourage prayer so please, at the times you would normally gather to pray, please continue to do so but in your home. Our services will continue to be livestreamed to your lounge room and homegroups may continue to meet as they’re able, provided they adhere to the 4m2/person rule, people are seated 1.5m apart and outdoors where possible.
Livestream – Each Sunday a service will be live streamed at 9am and repeated at 5.30pm.
What’s On?/What’s not? – As the COVID19 situation evolves, so too will our decisions to hold events and meetings. This table will be updated with any decisions made.
Last Updated 24/03/2020
ONLINE ONLY - click the link above to live stream services at 9am & 5:30pm on a Sunday.
Tune into livestream of 9am or 5:30pm services.
Coominya & Forest Hill Services
PCQ has suspended all gatherings until further notice.
Tuesday & Sunday Prayer Groups
Please continue to pray at these times in your own homes.
Contact your leader for more information on how your group will be meeting.
At this stage this event has been postponed. New date of workshop TBA.
This event has been cancelled.
Central Youth has been suspended until further notice.
The meeting will be rescheduled for later in the year.
3rd Wednesday of the Month
This event has been cancelled for now. Please check back for recommencement date.
Every second Wednesday of the month
Check back for date of recommencement
30 March - 1 April
These events have now been cancelled
Term 2 Homegroup Leaders Meeting
Home group leaders will meet to discuss term 2 series.
This event has been cancelled.
Needing support? – During this time of uncertainty our needs will vary but we worship a God who is Father and “knows what you need before you ask him.” (Matt 6:8). Your pastoral staff is here to love and support you so please don’t hesitate to contact the church office if we can help you or if you just need to talk through things with someone- 34131050.
Here are some other useful links that could help.
- Health Advice
- Assistance with food – contact Ipswich Assist via email firstname.lastname@example.org (Confidentiality will be maintained)
- Needing prayer – send through any prayer points to email@example.com
Gospel encouragement – In these changing times we want to support you in keeping the gospel the main thing. Here are some useful resources to encourage you in your faith. We have added the most recent ones at the top of each list:
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” (Romans 15:13)
- “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its water roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.” (Psalm 46:1-3)
- Some free Gospel resources for your family to use, especially during this time of isolation https://www.crossway.org/articles/free-resources-for-your-stay-at-home-during-covid-19/?utm_source=Crossway+Marketing&utm_campaign=98bec68f9f-20200319+-+General+-+Free+Resources+COVID-19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0275bcaa4b-98bec68f9f-284110793
- Practice hospitality, especially during COVID-19 https://www.crossway.org/articles/practice-hospitality-especially-during-covid-19/?utm_source=Crossway+Marketing&utm_campaign=3f89a70b8f-20200324+-+General+-+Hospitality+COVID-19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_0275bcaa4b-3f89a70b8f-284110793
- Songs of Comfort for Anxious Souls – https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/songs-comfort-anxious-souls/
- How to talk to your kids about the coronavirus – https://au.thegospelcoalition.org/article/7-tips-when-talking-to-kids-about-coronavirus/
How can I help? – COVID19 presents us with new opportunities to be salt and light in our communities.
Please consider the following:
- Check in on your neighbours and anyone you know who could be vulnerable, fearful or socially isolated. Keep touching base with your homegroup members.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer some time, especially to support our church’s most vulnerable members and also to be part of our community response through IA.
- Church Giving – Please continue to give to the work of the church – https://www.centralchurch.net.au/serve/giving/
- IA Donations – Non-perishable food items and tax-deductible donations continue to be warmly received. Please contact IA via email email@example.com